From the www.FlyLady.net Website:
"Your very first BabyStep is to go shine your sink. Dont listen to those voices that tell you that it not going to help your messy house. This is exactly where I started and this little habit has changed my life! Take this BabyStep in faith and go do it. Here are the directions for shining your kitchen sink.
Day 1
After you do this; you will keep it shiny by drying it out after each time you use it and making sure when you go to bed that it is shining so it will make you smile in the morning. This is how I get to hug you each day! That shiny sink is a reflection of the love that you have for yourself. "
Ok! I know it sounds way silly but the whole point is just to get started! After a very early morning, my only option for time to shine my sink was this evening. The evening time maybe one of my least productive time of the days especially when I am at home. So saving the task of baby step one then blogging about it was difficult for me to get motivated. BUT... I did it AND it didn't kill me! The only thing is that I don't think it is shiny enough. When I have more time I might consider putting wax on it. Well, I am not sure I am that motivated though. Sorry I forgot to take a before picture but I have the after.
The process that Flylady.net suggest is:
- Fill sink full of hot water and 1 cup of bleach. Let stand for 1 hour.
- With tongs drain sink, and rinse sink well
- With scouring powder (Ajax or baking soda) scrub sink
- Rinse and Dry sink
- Use window cleaner to shine.
Happy Reading!

ahhhh nice to be cleaning but a cup of bleach sitting around in water for an hour will put wayyyy too much chlorine fumes in the house which is not safe to breathe in frequently. Just use a couple of drops, swish around & then drain w/lots of water and get it out. Or better yet contact me for chemical free products (tburi@bellsouth.net). And don't add Windex w/all its ammonia on top of it. It'll shine w/o that!!!! interesting blog!!!! talk soon, terri buri
ReplyDelete