Thursday, February 24, 2011

A High School Flashback

 As I was wishing my high school friend "Happy Birthday" on Facebook, I was reminded of a tradition the us "band nerds" use to do.  If it was a band member's birthday day, we would collectively play the birthday song to them. We had no written music, nor did we have it memorized. We played off the top of our heads. I don't know about you but that many heads don't think the same at the same time. We never played it in the same key, so it sounded like a bunch of junk and not very pretty.  It was a very warm and welcomed birthday gift. I guess the equivalent would be going to a restaurant and your "friends" suggest it is your birthday to the waiter.  The next thing you know there is a group of people singing a version of the birthday song and clapping.  You also have become aware that everyone else in the restaurant is staring at you.  So where have you been that you have heard one of the birthday songs being sung? Best? Worst? Please share!


I have not forgotten about mt FlyLady stuff. The last week has been hard for me to be motivated. I have been still working on it though.  Tomorrow's babystep is to develop daily routines like when you wake up  and before bed.  This is something that I have to have to keep me motivated! 

Thanks for reading. Please share your birthday song places. The one I can think of is  Red Robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment