Sunday, February 6, 2011

Worship Style

On the way to church this morning, I made the comment " I really just could have stayed at home today," which is not like me at all. Usually I am very excited and ready for church and worship. I was just really tired and lacking energy this morning.  So Joe's response to me was, "The more we desire not to go to church the more we should go. You know it will be a great sermon because Satan was working real hard to convince you not to hear it." I kind of brushed it off until we got to service and didn't really think anything about it, until I happen to see some of our musicians really just praising God while they were playing.  It was during the song "Indescribable,"  our drummer is pretty much always playing with his heart and you can just tell that he is praising God and our acoustic guitarist he is pretty much the same way.  I think the phrase "Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go" is their favorite part in the song.  This part of the song and seeing there expression of worship, changed my mindset from that point on. I knew that God had something planned that I needed to here today. So if that song wasn't a good indicator of how the service was going to be good. One of our best sopranos sang an excellent solo of "It is Well With My Soul." That song is a tear jerker but especially when she sang it! Obviously I love music as a great form of worship and praise to God.

Because I knew today's sermon was going to be good, I whipped out my phone and started recording the sermon.  The scripture reference was Psalm 46:1-3, 7, 10
"1 God is our refuge and strength,
   an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
   and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
   and the mountains quake with their surging 

7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
   the God of Jacob is our fortress.

10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
   I will be exalted among the nations,
   I will be exalted in the earth.” "

These are not new verses to me and definitely not the first time I have heard them. Today I needed to here what our preacher said.  More or less, when things are hectic and seem to be spinning out of control seek God as a refuge, lean on Him for strength, and know that He is in control.  Lately I have been feeling like my life has started to get crazy and out of my control, so I really needed to here this message today. I am very thankful I have a husband that didn't allow me to miss today.

Now moving on to the FlyLady business...
        So, I have to admit I haven't been doing as well as I hoped to be doing. I honestly think it is to perfectionist for me. I am still trying to add the new things each day but I am finding it a little harder. So tomorrow I am going to continue with putting out my "hot spots." The new thing for tomorrow is to set out clothes for the next day.  We will see how it goes!

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment