Thursday, February 10, 2011

"Nap Time" Antics

For about the last year, "nap time" has been a struggle. Audrey still needs it but she doesn't want it. So we went from having "nap time" to "quiet time." Most of the time she takes a nap however more and more recently she has just been playing in her room and kind of being a little to loud for "quiet time." Today we did something different and I thought it wasn't going to turn out well but it did.  Before we go to what was different let me explain what "quiet time" means for me:
    1. Study time
    2. Shower time 
    3. Nap time for me
    4. Get stuff done around the house. 
It really just depends on the day what I do during "quiet time."

Just before "quiet time" today Audrey wanted to go out and play with the dogs in the back yard. I thought, you know Audrey is behaving, she got her shoes and jacket all by herself, so why not.  So I gathered up my text book a chair in the sun but out of the wind and out we went.  It was really nice Audrey chased the dogs and the dogs chased each other. Other than freezing my butt off, it was good and I actually was able to get my reading done.  We were only outside for just about 30 minutes but it was enough.  After that we watched, Aristocats in which I continued to read and get ready for class tonight. I was actually surprised that Audrey rested and was able to be quiet through the movie.  Joe said she was good tonight and well behaved. We might have to do this more often. I have to say I am a little said to see "nap time" go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment