Thursday, March 3, 2011

Workout-coholics Anonymous

(Standing in a room with just a few people) "Hi, I am Cara and I am addicted to working out." I am in love with my gym and the group classes.  When I walk out of there I am always in a much better mood then when I went in!  Anyway 2 weeks ago I signed up for my gym's biggest looser competition for $25 to win $500. I know I didn't have that much to loose in the first place but $500 is a lot of motivation for me to try my best. Well with hard workouts and watching my diet I have managed to put up some pretty good numbers.  I am just hoping to keep it up. 

So I bet you are wondering what I mean by "watching my diet." I learned that putting my intake on paper really effects what I eat.  By committing it to writing, you actually see what is or isn't going in. Yes that is right I said isn't.  For me I know I put on weight when I am careless and don't eat a balanced meals.  I cannot tell you how important it is to add veggies and fresh fruit into your diet.  Also, dairy!.  

Another tip is to have healthy filling snacks. I love the Chobani yogurt, it has great protein and no artificial stuff in it. Also, fresh fruit, cheese sticks (lowfat, of course), and raw almonds are also some of my favorite snacks.  
 So here is my typical diet:
Breakfast - Go lean cereal and milk 
Lunch  - Salad and chicken
Dinner - Whatever healthy meal we are having, tonight roast, with steam veggies and whole wheat rolls.
With a snack between lunch and dinner and sometimes after dinner.

It really isn't that hard. I have used the idea that I didn't like salad or I didn't have time but I realized it really took no time.
Salads can be very boring sometimes so what I do is buy the "Artisan Lettuce" from Sam's club plus another head of lettuce.  I cut and prepare about half of it and save the rest for the end of the week.  So it is easy to dish it out when I need too. To keep my salads interesting I always have different topping like dried fruit, cheese, nuts, and bacon bits.  Although I have to say watch out for the dried fruit it does contain lots of sugar so use sparingly. 

I guess I haven't addressed working out to much, but I do lots of cardio. Our gym uses BTS group programs which I love. Some of which are kickboxing, weight training, yoga, dancing, and step. I do also run when I get a chance which isn't to often.  My favorite class is the kickboxing which burns about 800 calories. I have also been stepping up the intensity and pushing myself every chance I get!   

I will keep you posted on how it is going.  

Happy Reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment