OH BLOGGING HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU!
I apologize for my delinquency in blogging lately. I just finished studying for my last Med-Surg final and am winding down for bed. Of course like any faithful "Facebooker" I logged on to see what has been going on while I have been away. My sweet cousin posted a comment that made me a little emotional. I have been thinking about what I was going to write earlier but her comment helped me out a little. I guess I don't think that other people still remember my sweet Chloe, so it was really good to see her comment.
My dear Chloe's birthday is tomorrow. I cannot believe she was born 6 years ago! It feels like yesterday. In fact let me take you back to that day. I remember that it was spring break, so Mom, Dad, and Isaac were visiting us and I was in my 39th week. It was the first time any of them had been up to DC since we had move up here. We did lots of tourist things and walking to see downtown and all the attractions DC had to offer. I do remember everybody thinking that Chloe was going to come early and surely not on her due date. March 16th was the day before my family was scheduled to fly back to Texas and the Day before Chloe's due date.
This is where I know God had his hand in Chloe's life from the very beginning. March 16th, I went to the hospital because I thought I was in labor and they told me I hadn't progressed enough. Back home Joe and I went. We stopped at McDonald's because I was hungry and I knew that it might be the last time I would be able to eat and Joe went to sleep. Just before I went to lay down to sleep my self, at about midnight, guess what happened... MY WATER BROKE. Back to the hospital we went. Well to cut out some of the mundane stuff, on March 17th, Chloe was born at 1246 pm(I think?) and with just enough time for my Mom, Dad, and Isaac to get to see her before they had to leave for the airport. It was truly a sign that God is in control of every aspect of our lives.
We definitely didn't know then how much of an impact she would have on our lives and to those around us. For someone so tiny, she impacted almost everyone she met. My sweet Chloe only lived to be 15 months and faced so much adversity, she has been remembered for her courage, strength, and vibrancy for life. She loved to dance which is also a characteristic I see in Audrey.
Today I have the joy and comfort of my God and Savior, who promises to "never leave me." Through all of my struggles and heartbreak I have been able to lean on God and find comfort that Chloe is healed and in Heaven. I know that when the day comes for me to go to Heaven that Jesus will hand her to me. That day itself brings tears to my eyes and my heart fills with joy. If you would like to know more about my God and Savior, please email me. I would be happy to share Him with you.
Happy 6th Birthday Sweet Chloe. You are missed, Darling.
Please take a little extra time today with those that are still here. Give them an extra hug and "I LOVE YOU."
Happy Reading and St. Patrick's Day
Please View the slightly older post. It contains the pictures! Thank you.
ReplyDelete