So this whole blog thing is very hard to keep up with. I started my blog this year in February with a challenge. After February, though it was really hard to keep up with. I thought it would be nice to kind of give an overview of the year and include some of our wonderful family pictures we had take a couple of weeks ago.
At the beginning of the year, I, Cara started the final semester of nursing school. WOW that seems like so long ago. The finale semester was exciting, hard, and exhausting. The last two classes solidified all the concepts we had learned in the previous 3 semesters to make us ready to be in the real world of nursing. One of my last classes was Community and Mental Health Nursing. I never thought, going into nursing school, that I would like it. I though it would just be another class and get through it, until the day of graduation. While my family and I were sitting down to eat post graduation ceremony, I received a phone call for an interview at a mental health hospital!!! I know, it is so cool to see God's timing! Over the summer I went on several interviews with unit managers and finally landed a full time position which again was all part of God's timing. There is no better feeling then knowing that God is in control especially when involves your career and family. I will continue this in a minute....
Since I went to school in the evenings, I loved that I was able to do things like ladies bible study and to hang out with Audrey all day. OOPS how could I forget, I spent a lot of time at the gym. Audrey has grown and changed so much over the year that it is amazing to me. She still has super curly hair that usually goes untamed due to our early departure from the house in the morning. Audrey has had the opportunity to have some wonderful Daddy time. Audrey's favorite pass times are reading books, watching movies, wrestling Daddy, and anything artistic.
Joe has been Joe, working hard, bbq smoking anything from meat to cheese to nuts! I love his hobby because it produces some magnificent food. Joe has been such a wonderful support form me through all the events of this year. Although his year hasn't had the major changes that mine has, I know I couldn't have gotten through any of it with out him. Joe wanted me to add that, since about June he has lost over 30 pounds. Joe has worked hard using P90x which is a really extreme home workout program. He has also taken up running. He has registered for his first official race, The Warrior Dash, in May. I am so proud of him!
So back to God's timing and how it is perfect. Over the summer, I went on multiple interviews with different facilities in August I was offered a position. YEAH, but what a bout child care for Audrey and school. I had applied for Audrey to get into public Pre K, she got it!!! Yeah, one down now. What about child care? I thought this would be more difficult because Audrey is in school for only 3 hours. How was I going to find anyone who could handle this schedule? Through asking the school administration and using information provided from the state, I was able to find someone who would go pick Audrey up from school and watch her until Joe or I could pick her up, oh and all at a reasonable cost. Audrey loves it. She love school and her teachers. She love Mrs. Pat our daycare lady! She loves her new friends. I know that without God's provision none of this would be possible.
I also have to add one more wonderful thing. When I was going through orientation for my job, I had to be there early, so I couldn't take Audrey to school. If Joe took her to school he would get stuck in horrific traffic. We have a friend that works at Audrey's school who helps us out by taking Audrey to school on the morning Joe and I both have to work. She has even let Audrey stay the night, she has a 4 year old girl too! Our friend, Rachel has been such a blessing to us!
We have had many people held us out so many times with watching Audrey and sometime last minute. I can't name you all but if your reading this please know that you have been such a blessing to us as well!
Is your head spinning? I know mine is. We have had a wonderful and God filled year. I pray that as you are reading this you take the time to look back over 2011 and see how God has blessed your family through heart ache or blessings! I know that being faithful in following God's will has not always been easy but definitely rewarding! Thank you all for taking the time to listen and read my year in review!
WHO'S READY FOR PICTURES? ALRIGHT HERE THEY ARE AS PROMISED.
Thanks to Brian and Kelli at Hillmar Photography. They did a wonderful job even though we had a grumpy participant!
I truly hope that 2012 continues to bless us and you as well!
Thank you for reading,
Cara
No comments:
Post a Comment